Middle District is a diverse network of churches in Central Virginia that partner to reach our communities and the world with the gospel of Jesus’ transforming love. House churches, multi-site churches, small churches, rural, inner city, suburban churches, new start churches as well as long established congregations, have all found a home in the Middle District family of churches as we carry out the Association’s mission and vision. Our churches are autonomous and also relate to other national and regional church conventions and associations.
If your church is considering partnering with Middle District, the following process is the normal path toward membership.
- Call and then meet with the Executive Director, 804-276-8481, for general information about the ministry of Middle District and the different categories of membership. Then, if you feel Middle District is the type of Kingdom network of churches with which you want to partner, the following would be in order. The Executive Director is also available for presentations to such groups as deacons, church council, and other leadership groups.
- Write a letter a letter to the Executive Director indicating the congregation’s desire to participate in the fellowship and mission of Middle District churches.
- Submit the documents which guide the congregation’s life together; such as: constitution and bylaws, articles of incorporation, and the church’s statement of beliefs. Review of these documents is to determine if the applying church evidences shared understanding of the Biblical fundamentals of church life, belief, and ministry.
- Receive a visit. The Executive Director and at least one member of the Leadership Committee shall attend a worship service prior to the church leaders’ interview with the Leadership Committee.
- Interview of pastor and two church leaders with the MDBA Leadership Committee to determine the church’s commitment to Middle District Association’s mission, activities, and budget.
- Vote of acceptance by MDBA Leadership Committee.
- Presentation of church to messengers at a MDBA business meeting to confirm the vote of the Leadership Committee