Re-Visioning 2.0 – Summary Report
The good results from the first re-visioning efforts in 2006 provided a much more effective system to lead and accomplish our mission. However, re-focusing our ministries is also important. With that in mind, the Leadership Committee began the second phase of re-visioning in the spring of 2012. The process has already involved input at an MDBA business meeting, a focus group of leaders, as well as much time and effort of the Leadership Committee. The discussions have been received very positively and the summary can be read below.
Our mission is to start and strengthen churches that passionately care for people, bring honor to God, and impact their communities and the world with the transforming love of Jesus.
Middle District will be an innovative movement of diverse churches in Central Virginia that equip each other to reach their full potential in discipleship and missions.
- Create a network of church leaders seeking collaborative conversations and experimentation in developing transformational disciples of Jesus.
- Start groups for church leaders desiring specialized training to strengthen a specific area of ministry.
- Engage churches in an individualized turn-around process that is tailored to their specific context.
- Network, equip and assist churches in transition that desire encouragement and guidance.
- Offer opportunities for churches to “explore” options and tools for revitalization and to fulfill their full potential.
- Begin and build additional peer learning groups for pastors, staff and their spouses.
- Create a regional network that connects and encourages church planters.
- Develop an environment to aid and encourage established churches to enlarge the Kingdom through church planting by utilizing cooperation, networking, and innovation.
- Develop a church–planting internship for individuals wishing to explore a calling to church planting.
- Create strategic partnerships with ethnic pastors and churches.
- Connect with effective national and regional church planting networks.
- Mobilize and connect more churches in local missions in Middle District, as well as our region, the nation and world.
- Welcome into membership churches in Central Virginia that share our vision, mission, and core beliefs.
- Start a subsidiary 501c3 to expand our flexibility in funding innovative, Kingdom ministry, missions and church planting in Central Virginia.
- Create a new logo and implement an effective, technology